Our View of Giving
At Integrity Church, we believe that God desires His people to be good stewards of the lives that He has given to them. Stewardship of life involves faithfully using all of the resources God has given to us—including our finances—to reflect His glory. Psalm 24:1 tells us this: “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it”. We encourage our members and those who regularly attend Integrity Church to practice Biblical stewardship by giving a portion of their finances back to God as an act of worship and obedience. Giving generously and sacrificially advances the mission God has given us here in Southwest Florida.
What does God say about Giving?
- God owns everything. Psalm 24: 1 “The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it…”
- God needs nothing from us. Psalm 50:9-10 “I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.”
- Our use of money is the surest indicator of what we deem important. Luke 12: 34 “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
- God meets our needs in response to our giving. Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
- We are called to give a tenth of our income to the Lord. Malachi 3:10 “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”