Distraction is the tactic of the enemy in this season. We must learn to recognize and ignore the distractions the enemy throws our way. He’ll use anything to get our attention off of God and onto the circumstances because his plan is to sidetrack us. It’s imperative we learn to recognize and ignore the distractions of the enemy.
The Lord is about to accomplish some amazing things on the face of the earth in this season. He’s going to release His glory like never before and it will be through His people who refuse to be distracted by life’s circumstances. Through people who say, “Here I am Lord use me. I don’t have time for any distractions because I’m focused on you God and what You want to do in and through me!”
Nehemiah was a man who refused to be distracted. He said to those trying to get his attention “I’m doing a great work and I can’t come down.” He put them on his pay no mind list. What needs to go on your pay no mind list?
DON’T ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE DISTRACTED. Set your heart and mind fully on God and ignore the rest. Say to the enemy when he comes with distractions “I’m doing a good work and I refuse to be distracted!” God is about to do some amazing things in and through you! Amen!
Here are some practical applications of God’s Word to avoid distraction:
- Live your life each day as it belongs to the Lord, because it does. Have Paul’s attitude in Galatians 2:20, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” It’s a daily choice to live each day completely for Him.
- Read and Meditate on God’s Word daily. This will strengthen us, and equip us to face any attack of the enemy. It will help us to keep our mind from being distracted or overtaken by worry or fear. When we are filled with God’s Word we can apply 2 Corinthians 10:3-5. When the negative thoughts come we can cast them down and replace them with the truth of God’s Word.
- Pray daily and without ceasing. Philippians 4:6 says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Worry and fear are designed to distract you. Praying God’s Word is a powerful weapon. God’s peace will guard your heart and mind.
- Have an unoffendable spirit. This is KEY because the spirit of offense is running rampant as the Bible tells us it will in the last days (Matthew 24). It will cause people to be offended with you and to offend you. Love is always the answer – Love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8) Determine to be unoffendable. Forgive quickly and move forward.
- Seek God first daily. Before anything else. Make God your number 1 priority. Wake up each day and consecrate yourself unto the Lord, committing to live that day for Him. (Matthew 6:33, Colossians 3:2-3)