What if the phone rings and it’s the doctor calling with a bad report? Whose report will you believe? Did you know you had a choice? We have a Great Physician who always gives us a good report. No matter what it looks or feels like, His report is greater! His report says that we shall live and not die. His report says that sickness is under our feet. His report says that cancer and all other sickness must bow to the name of Jesus. His report says that health and healing is our inheritance as children of God!
It seems that wherever we turn today, so many people are dealing with sickness. Whether we’re the one facing sickness or someone we care about is, it’s important to know what God’s Word says about healing. I have tremendous compassion for those facing sickness because I’ve dealt with many attacks on my own health in the past. There have been a few times sickness would have taken me out if it were not for God’s healing power. Knowing what God says in His Word about healing saved my life. It doesn’t matter what the doctor’s report says or the symptoms are screaming, God’s healing power is alive today.
I’ve also seen first hand many people healed of things the doctors called incurable. I knew a barren woman, physically incapable of having children because she only had ¼ of an ovary. But God! She believed God for healing and went on to have two healthy children. I’ve seen a crippled man get up from a wheel chair and walk. I know several people that were given death sentences, be healed of cancer and go on to live long healthy lives. There’s no sickness God cannot heal. Even death is no match for the power of God. I’ve seen 2 people raised from the dead. One person was pronounced dead by the EMT workers, only to come back to life as the prayers of the saints went forth. God’s healing power is alive today! When facing sickness or praying for someone who is, here are a few things to remember:
- Sickness is NOT from God: Let’s make this point clear first and foremost. Sickness comes from the enemy. The Bible says we have an enemy that comes to steal, kill and destroy and sickness is one of his tools. God however, is a good and perfect Father (James 1:17). A good parent would never make their kids sick or punish them with sickness. Well, our Heavenly Father is not only good, but Perfect. He loves us and His desire is to pour out good gifts in our lives. The greatest gift He gave us was securing our salvation, through Jesus Christ, which includes freedom from sickness!
- Perfect health is our Divine Inheritance: Sickness is not from God, but perfect health is. Jesus paid the price for sin sickness and death. He defeated it all with his death and resurrection and made it part of our inheritance as children of God. 1 Peter 2:24 says, “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” When we accept Jesus, we’ve been given access to all that God is. That means when the enemy attacks us with sickness, it’s an illegal act against us and we must see it as so. When the symptoms come or the doctor’s report is negative, don’t just accept it. It may be afflicting you at that moment, but because it has no legal right to be in the child of God’s body, it has to go. Sickness is not something we should accept, but rather something we should reject because Divine Health is our inheritance as children of God (Ephesians 1:3).
- Healing is God’s will: It doesn’t matter what mistakes you’ve made or what’s coming against you, God’s will for your life is to walk in health. When Jesus saw people suffering, it says He had compassion on them and healed them ALL (Matthew 12:15). In Matthew 8:1-5 we find a man with leprosy who timidly asks “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” And it says, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately, he was cleansed of his leprosy. God’s will for your life is always health and wholeness.
- God’s Word releases healing: When Jesus spoke, it says the man with leprosy was immediately healed. This is because there is power in the Word of God. Isaiah 55:11, says God’s Word cannot return void. It HAS to accomplish what it was sent to do. When we speak God’s Word, our bodies or the bodies of those we pray for have no choice but to line up with God’s Word. Sometimes we see it manifest instantly, sometimes we don’t, but don’t lose hope because when God’s Word is released, it begins to work immediately in your life whether you see it or not. A long time ago God gave me a vision of not only how His Word, but the name of Jesus works in our lives. I’ll share it with you in the next point.
- The Name of Jesus is Greater than any Sickness: It says in Philippians 2:9-10 that God gave Jesus “the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth…” So when we confess the name of Jesus there is great power that’s released. Cancer can’t stand against the name of Jesus. Diabetes can’t stand against the name of Jesus. Even death can’t stand against the name of Jesus. When I was praying for myself one time while I was sick, I began to declare, “Jesus is Lord over my body,” and God have me a vision of my very cells vibrating with power. In the natural I couldn’t see this of course, but God was giving me a clear picture of what happens in the spiritual realm when we release God’s Word or declare the name of Jesus. Suddenly, I saw myself on a mountain and as I called out there was an echo that repeated again and again and again. When we declare God’s Word and the name of Jesus it doesn’t stop there….it’s power continues. It reverberates throughout our lives, until every cell in our body responds. Cells begin to regenerate, organs begin to be restored, and our very blood becomes filled with new life. So if you say “Jesus is Lord over my body” and you’re facing cancer, close your eyes and see cancer cells bowing to the name of Jesus. Ask God to give you a vision of your organs and the cells of your body vibrating and shaking as the power of God touches them and restores them to life. Even death couldn’t keep Jesus in the grave and that same resurrection life and power is ours today.
- God wants to heal us from the inside out: Last week I wrote about emotional healing. I shared how God doesn’t want to just heal us, He wants us completely whole. He doesn’t want to just put a bandaid on our wounds, or give us a temporary fix, He wants to heal us from the inside out. I encourage you to read last week’s blog because many times our unseen emotional hurts seep out and affect our physical bodies. Science now proves this to be true. This is why John said, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth (3 John 2).” God wants to bring healing from the inside out and affect your entire life. Read the blog here: http://integritychurchnaples.com/healed-from-the-inside-out/
I know being sick or seeing a loved one sick can be a scary thing, but you’re not alone. God, our Healer is with you. Hang on to the truth in His Word. Take the scriptures in this blog and meditate on them and speak them out loud as declarations. Proverbs 4:21 say’s that God’s Word is “life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.” And Psalms 107:20 tells us that He sent His Word to Heal us!
Father I pray for those reading this blog, whether they’re believing for themselves or a loved one, that your resurrection life would touch every cell of their body. I thank you that sickness must bow to the name of Jesus, so I declare Jesus is Lord over them spirit, soul and body. I thank you that your Word says they have been healed by Jesus Christ’s stripes and your Word never ever returns void! In Jesus Name, Amen.